About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Album bound with Cinch

The cover was made with the chipboard that was supplied with the Cinch machine.  I painted some wood letters to kinda match the blue in the paper.  The paper was part of a set that I got from The Dollar Tree. I glued the giraffe section of the paper to chipboard then cut out the giraffe.  The frame I purchased from The Dollar Tree as well.  They came in a package 6...PERFECT for scrapbooking, card making, albums, etc.  The edges of the album, I punched a hole matched up to a "tag brad" from Art Accentz Bradletz. 
  The inside cover was paper used from the same set as the giraffe.  I used the Martha Stewart Corner Punch to accent the corners for a cleaner look.

The animals and balloons were cut from Sizzix Sizzlits.  The scalloped edges of the pages were cut from Sizzix Decorative Strip Ribbons.

 ***********************************************


Embossing Folder used was Sizzix Textured Impressions Hello Kitty Spring set.  The phrase was from the Sizzix Textured Impressions Baby set. I used Offray sheer polka dot ribbon, buttons to match the theme, and I think the diaper pin accents are from Stand-Outs...but I'm not sure.

 ***********************************************


The paper and the accents are from a Boys set from All My Memories, Studio Collection Boys Theme.

 ***********************************************


The Underwater page is made from DCWV All About Boys set. The sun, some rocks, and seaweed was cut from Sizzix Sizzlits.

The duck was cut from Sizzix Big Shot, the bathtub from Sizzix Originals, the "splish splash", shampoo, and toy boat was cut from Cricut Cartridges.  For the towel, I just cut a piece from a scrap towel that I have.  The embossed paper was from Sizzix Textured Impression Winter set.

 ***********************************************


These pages were fun to make!  I used plain brown paper for the background.  The small animals were cut out with the Sizzix Sizzlits Stuffed Animals set. The big teddy bear was cut out using Sizzix Originals. I applied flocking to the teddy bear to give him a fuzzy feeling. I also tied a thin ribbon around his neck.  The cork stickers are the baby collection from Karen Foster. 

***********************************************


The cowboy page was created using DCWV All About Boys for the background paper.  The accents used were Sizzix Sizzlits Cowboy set.  For the race car page I used Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative strip City Scape and the race car set.  I made my own street with black paper and cut strips of yellow paper.   

***********************************************


AND finally...the last page was pretty fun to do.  Since this was a prehistoric theme....I had to do most of the page "prehistorically".  The mountains, palm trees, and rocks were created by tearing the papers and crinkling some up.  The ground (or gravel) was made from the residuals of a border punch that I used once. And lastly...the dinosaurs and sun were cut from the Sizzix Sizzlits.  

This entire album was made from using mostly Sizzix for a few reason:
1. Because I needed more desk space, so I had to move my Cricut machine.
2. Because I have more of a variety of "boy" things with my Sizzix than I do with my Cricut.
and...
3. Because I haven't used my Sizzix in so long...it was time to show them I still love them and always will.

Now...for the album basics....

I measured the Album front and back cover to be 5 3/4 x 8 1/2. I used the sturdy chipboard that came with my Cinch Binding machine.  The pages I cut just a little smaller than the cover.  I set my Cinch according to the directions and cut and bounded the album.

*NOTE:  When creating individual pages, make sure you leave enough space on the end of your project for binding.  Thank you for looking :)

7 comments:

  1. That Is Adorable Sheryl... Great Job... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job the hop is tomorrow make sure you join these are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute book! I love all of the different Boy things, since I have a boy I realize how much is girlie! LOL Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sheryl! Your album is too cute! Great idea putting the little photo frame on the cover. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lovin your book, so nice, thanks so much for your lovely comments and I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book is amazing! i love how every page is different and I love all of the cuts! I really need to look into buying a Cinch now =) Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete