About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Friday, February 25, 2011

St. Patrick's Day greeting card w/ matching tag

I must say that I am very happy with my GREEN creations. The whole time I crafted these, I had the tune to the Irish Drinking Song in my head (from Whose Line is it Anyway?) I will describe what and how I made the card below:



Embossed card front with Sizzix "Winter" set embossing folder.  I used the Sizzix Texture Botique.  I ABSOLUTELY love it!

 Ink supplies: Green Rubber Stampede Dye Ink, Tattered Angles Bazzill Parakeet, Studio G Shimmer Green Pigment Ink.


First I ran stamp ink across the embossed dots on the card front gently.  After that I lightly misted with the Tattered Angle's spray. I placed a glue dot on the card in the desired location. I attached the ends of the glittered spray to the glue dots. Some sprays I left straight and the other I curved around to meet the other end to the glue dot.  Oh...I also tore the edge to the card front  because it looked better than leaving a blank edge without embossing.

Next I'm getting out my tin of paper flowers and getting the two sizes of GREEN.  This little beauties came inside a scrapbooking bag kit filled with all sorts of goodies that I got from the Sams Club auction site.


Next I'm using my largest rhinestone brad that I can find... 


And placing it through the center of the flower.


Now for my pretty Kiwi Sheer Dot ribbon by Offray (duh).

Tying it in a nice loose knot and snipping the ends as shown.

Next I place a glue dot on the other side of the knot and place it as shown.  Oops...I skipped a step.  Take a length of the ribbon and have it go across the card.  Then place the bow, then the flower with some silk leaves...also using glue dots.


Ok...next I got carried away with my card and ended up putting it all together without taking individual pictures...but here is a package of stamps I use for the ticket with the phrase in the center.  They are "Paperwork Greetings" by Inkadinkadoo.


These two packages of stamps are GREAT. I stamped these images on white cardstock using the shimmer green ink and a lighter green Fluid Chalk.



Now...for my ultimate favorite item right now...my Peapod Bakers Twine from The Twinery.  I love this stuff.  I also have it in Maraschino (Red).

Ok....so as you can see from the assembled card...I stamped the ticket on a tan cardstock. The ink I used for that was Archival Pigment Graphite Black from Tsukineko. Then I cut out the the stamped images.  I used scalloped deco scissors around the "Everyone's Irish for a Day" then inked the edges with the darker green ink.  Then I used a Fiskars circle punch around the other image.  The Shamrocks were cut out using the Cricut Paperdoll Dressup cartridge and the Imagine Country Carnival cartridge.  I did two sizes...one for the card and a smaller one for the tag.  Then I used green and tan fibers for the top of the tag.  And there you have it.  My card and tag set...currently for sale on my eBay site.

Thank you for taking a look at my card/tag set!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment