About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lucky Irish Birthday

One of the best things of March that I enjoy is St. Patrick's Day.  The day when everyone wears green to avoid getting pinched, eating corned beef (no cabbage for us), and of course Irish soda bread.  But one thing I do enjoy doing is making a St. Patrick Birthday card for a childhood friend that I've known since 1974.  She is 100% Irish and was born on St. Patty's Day.  Talk about Luck!  Happy Birthday to Colleen!





SUPPLIES:

Stamps:  Unity (of course)
Shamrock background - February 2012
Diamond Panel - July 2012
Happy Birthday - January 2011

Die Cuts/Punches:
Sizzix:  Large Shamrock, Leaf Branch
Martha Stewart:  Pine Branch
The Paper Studio:  Flower
Unknown:  Flower Center

Misc Items/Embellishments:
Foam Glitter Shamrock: Table Scatter (from Dollar Tree)
Four-leaf Clover Brad:  Anna Griffin (Flora Collection)
Four-leaf Clovers (Pressed) purchased off eBay 5 years ago
Jeweled Shamrock Pin (purchased from Walgreens last year)
Shimmery Stuff: Shimmer Gel Pens, Stickles, Tattered Angels

Challenges Entered:  Unity {be inspired} ChallengeSimon Says Stamp Bit O Green Challenge

2 comments:

  1. What a fun St Patricks Day card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sheryl :-) I am sure your friend will love this ,,, perfect ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete