About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Friday, April 5, 2013

Beach Thoughts

Friends with Flair Friday!!!

Although I LOVE living in Colorado, I really do miss the beaches in California.  When I saw this stamp by Phyllis Harris...I HAD to have it.  When I look at this image, I can still remember the feel of the sand in my toes, the cool wind blowing, and the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore.

So what I have done here I have taken two images and combined them perfectly together using the masking technique.  The lighthouse comes from the Stamp of the Week Club and the other image is, of course, Phyllis Harris.  And how ironic that the phrase blends PERFECTLY to the lighthouse beam.

Enjoy!


 
Supplies:

Stamps:
Unity- SOTW #29 Love Leads the Way, Phyllis Harris Present in My Heart

Misc:
Shell Beads, Stickles, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Jute twine.

22 comments:

  1. Fantastic combination of stamps! This is awesome. Great job with both the stamping and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your card! I love anything "seaside"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you combined those two images!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Those shells at the bottom are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow super cute, I love your colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfecto! I love it all.... especially those tiny seashells with these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these two images coordinate perfectly! Lovely job, Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I really like how you paired the stamps perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheryl, this card is STUNNING!! Love the use of color which make this card pop off the page. The twine is a very cool finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have both of these stamps and would never have thought to combine them! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheryl, I LOVE your card!! Great job with the colouring and I think the lighthouse goes so well with the PH stamp. What a wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning! espc love the seashells at the bottom :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Friends and Flair Friday and always enjoy seeing what everyone creates. I love this! Your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That twine work is wrapped so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job creating this scene card with one of my Fav Unity Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is just beautiful - love the jute twine here, it's such a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! Love it when a new stamp goes perfectly with one you already have! Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is adorable! I live at the beach & can SO relate!

    ReplyDelete