About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Friday, August 9, 2013

Be Strong!!

Ok...so some of you may have seen my card I made for my best friends niece.  A few weeks ago she collapsed right in front of her dad.  She was rushed to the hospital and the next day was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer.  After MANY tests...it was determined that she has a Stage 4 Wilms Tumor that has already affected one of her kidneys and a lung.  She has gone through aggressive Chemotherapy and is now at home resting comfortably.  She is a strong fighter and seems to be brave through this rapid and intense ordeal.

So I made this card for my friend so that she could give it to her niece.  And the report back was that she LOVE IT!

I used the Week #9 SOTW "You Got Heart" and the Itty Bitty "Strong Is Your Only Choice"

I used LOTS of shimmer and bling to make this card sparkle.  I mean, what little 11-year-old girl doesn't like bling and sparkle.  I LOVE it and I'm forty... well let's just say I LOVE IT!  LOL.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Adorable , I have this little guy too , you have really embellished him well , great card : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheryl! A beautiful card to encourage a brave young girl. I love the cute bunny and the colour scheme. Sending prayers her way.
    A few days ago, my friend's wife was diagnosed with 4th stage stomach cancer. The cancer is so aggressive, and their kids are young. My heart just goes out to them. Life is fragile.
    Take care, and a have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a lovely card for a little girl who's gone through so much. Prayers for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very I love the layout and colors. and cute stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I'm sure she will love it.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and I am loving the adorable bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is powerful. Beautiful and heartfelt design Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so sad to hear such things.., I'm sure your card will bring some light into the situation

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card! I wish her the best of luck. I'm sure your card brought her encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not the reason you want for making a card, but this is sure to bring a smile and encouragement. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blinged up bunny was sure have brought a smile! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry to hear about your friend.. that poor little girl! your card is so sweet, i'm not surprised she loved it :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for your friend's niece. The card you cave her is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is perfect! So beautiful and sweet! May God's healing hands be upon this young lady!

    ReplyDelete